BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Saturday, November 10, 2012

39 Weeks

 I sat down to write this post and started feeling very emotional. BIG surprise; pretty sure I've cried more in the last nine months than in the previous nine years. Just ask Zach. And my Mom. But anyway, it's hit me really hard the last week just now numbered my days are with this little guy in my belly. It seems meaningless and unimportant now that I was sick every single day for nineteen weeks straight, or that my ankles have swollen so bad on occasion that I developed ankle rolls. Yes, like those of a sumo wrestler. When I look down at the round, basketball of a blessing God has placed inside me, I'm instantly reminded of just how wonderful the last thirty-nine weeks have been. I forget the sumo ankles and realize what an awesome God we serve. Carrying our son has been the biggest blessing, and reward, I've ever been given.
 
 
We had a doctor's appointment on Thursday and everything went great! Baby is still head down and in position. He weighed about 7 lbs. 6 oz. and is growing an ounce a day, so he should be 8ish pounds by his due date on Nov. 17th. I am also 70% effaced and dilated to a 1...hoping things keep progressing and Tiny comes sooner rather than later! The doctor scheduled an induction for Monday the 19th if he hasn't already made his great escape. Here's hoping! We'd like things to happen as naturally as possible.
 
 
To our Baby Boy:
We are so, so, SO ready to meet you. The days are now dragging as we know you could come at any time. You like to roll your little bum around on the right side of Mommy's tummy; it pretty much amazes Daddy. If you've heard him refer to you as an alien, please disregard it and know that he is merely in awe of your flexibility and outstanding range of motion. I too am often impressed. You have been getting loads of Halloween candy for the past couple weeks; hopefully you're enjoying the sugar surge. We are finally 100% finished with your nursery and can't wait to make it your home. Sometimes late at night when Daddy's asleep I sneak upstairs and sit on your sheepskin rug, just taking it all in. I smile knowing that soon, very soon, you'll be here with us. We love you, Tiny.
 

How Far Along: 39 weeks
Baby Size: 20 inches, 7 1/2  lbs.
Total Weight Gain: 22 lbs. I've lost a little, but have read that's normal at the end and is just water weight.
Maternity Clothes? Fo sho. I don't like trying to wear regular shirts now because it stretches them out so much.
Stretch Marks? No new ones to report
Sleep: Ehhhh...can't complain too much this week. Last night was rough, but for the most part it's been okay.
Best moment this week: Today. All day. Zach and I spent the entire day together, starting with pancakes for breakfast which is Z's absolute favorite. We are both excited yet trying to grasp that this could be our last weekend as just the two of us.
Miss Anything? Sleeping more than an hour at a time
Movement: Lots as usual
Food Cravings: Pineapple!!!!!!!!! Oh man, Baby loves him some Dole pineapple chunks. Still loving chocolate milk, too.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope!
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Happy to actually answer this for the first time! I've been having quite a bit of cramping, especially in my lower back. I hope this means my body's getting ready for Little Man to come out!
Belly button in or out? Pretty much officially an outie
Wedding rings on or off? On & loose
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and super anxious
Looking forward to: Meeting our Boy!
 
 
I can't thank you all enough for your kind words and support since day one of our Baby news. You have each been truly incredible and Z and I are so grateful for all the love and encouragement you've shared. Thank you!
 
p.s. I took nursery pictures today...post coming in the next day or two!

12 comments:

  1. The thought of you sitting in Tiny's nursery and just thinking about him and grinning is so precious! I wish I could come sit with you and grin too! I can't believe this may be the last weekend where it is just you two! I can't tell you how excited I am to get the text saying that baby boy is on his way! We love y'all! I'm ready to see the nursery pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. Those are the purple pants you got here aren't they??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine! I've been told that it is such a bittersweet moment. You can't wait to meet him but the thought of him no longer in your belly makes you sad too.

    I am so excited to see nursery pictures!! I'm sure it is the most amazing nursery ever.

    Happy 39 weeks! I can't wait for the post that reads Tiny is here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I say it often, but your bump keeps getting cuter and cuter!! I LOVE those pants!!! And the top is adorable! Happy 39 weeks - cry, cry, and cry some more of those wonderful, emotional, happy tears...they are the best kind!! :) whenever I visit your blog lately, I get a rush like, *ahhh, is this going to be the "baby is here" post?!! :)
    So excited for the nursery post!!
    I'm glad you're enjoying a nice, relaxing weekend! Hope today is just as sweet and sleep comes easy!
    Lots of love xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are getting soo close! So excited & happy for you... and great pants too :) Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tell you how much I have been enjoying reading your posts!! I can't wait to see your new little guy.

    Things sound like they are progressing for sure. I remember that lower back cramping like it was yesterday!

    God bless you guys!! Will be praying for you, Z & little one.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad all is well was thinking of you today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad all is well was thinking of you today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaaahhh!! I can't believe it's already go time! I am just so excited for you to meet your precious baby boy! And I can't wait until you share him with us in blogland :) Praying all goes smooth in the next week or two!
    And you look AMAZING, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so close and I am getting sooo excited for you!! Am sending lots of love, prayers and positive energy your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. soooooo excited!!! i'll be stalking you for the next few days. i can't wait for you to meet your baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome, this was a absolutely superior post. In approach I'd like to address like this too - demography time and absolute accomplishment to accomplish a acceptable article... but what can I say... I adjourn alot and never assume to get something done.
    Yüz Germe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!