BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Auction Hunters

Yesterday evening, Zach and I made a thirty minute trip to the Magnolia Gardens Auction House, the cutest little auction we've ever been to. And let me tell you, my auction-loving husband has taken me to a lot. If you're in the Houston/Woodlands area, I would highly recommend visiting this auction house on a Saturday night. We felt like we'd stepped back in time; there were even complimentary homemade snacks and drinks to devour while you sat back and enjoyed the bidding.

Our original purpose was to bid on a few coins that Zach had his eye on, but they went for a tad bit higher than we had anticipated. When this baby piano made it's sweet appearance, I nudged Zach and our paddle went up immediately. We just couldn't resist. I'm hoping it will make a lovely little addition to the nursery, and luckily the wood almost perfectly matches that of Baby's crib. Score!
We even love the worn, well-played look of the keys. Gives it a touch of character and charm.
The children's chair (an Ikea purchase) was set there simply to show the size of the piano. Isn't it a cutie? The woman sitting next to me at the auction leaned over and said, "We have a baby piano just like that one. Our children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren have all loved 'making music' on that thing. I'm sure your little one will, too". What a special piece to pass down through generations.

There's talk of building a small bench for Tiny to sit on while he "plays"...what do you think? Maybe miniature Beethovens prefer to stand?

Happy Sunday, friends! Hope your weekend has been a wonderful one.

6 comments:

  1. How adorable is that!!! What a good find at an auction. We will have to look up that auction house and see how far it is from us. I would love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if that isn't the cutest lil piano I have ever seen! Tiny will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little piano! :) My dad loves it! I showed him and he thinks it's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leah!! Any instrument your dad says is awesome I'm totally flattered by...he's pretty much an expert in the music department!

      Delete
  4. oh my heavens, that is adorable! i can just imagine the sweet photos you'll take of tiny with that piano! :) what an awesome find!
    love the chair too!!
    <3<3<3
    maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!