BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Monday, August 20, 2012

27 (and a half) Weeks


I'm writing this post a little late, but Momma always taught us better late than never. I wish the library agreed with Momma; apparently they don't see things that way when it comes to returning books as I so wonderfully found out this afternoon. The infamous "pregnancy brain" is definitely getting the best of me.

We worked on a few new projects this weekend that I'm excited to share with you guys upon completion! Zach's actually outside on the table saw right now putting the final touches on Baby's dresser. I, on the other hand, am sitting here catching up on blogs and eating Sour Patch Kids. This is the life.

To our Baby Boy:
Dad is working like crazy to finish all the projects for your nursery; he even painted you something that looks amazing. I think you're going to love it. You've been staying up pretty late these days; you seem to come alive and wanna party around midnight. Does this mean you're going to be a night owl like your mom? You really enjoyed the library today and even helped pick out a few books. I interpreted one kick to mean "keep looking", two for "check it out". Although, thinking about it now, your enthusiasm could have been caused by the large Sonic Blue Coconut Cream Slush I downed on the way to the library. Nah, you're just Mommy's Little Helper. Thanks, Tiny! We sure do love you.
No, that's not a hat I'm sporting, or a furry animal...it's the World's Largest Bun. They weren't kiddin' when they said pregnancy makes for thick hair.


How Far Along: 27 weeks, 3 days
Baby Size: 14 3/4 inches, 2 lbs.
Total Weight Gain: 14 lbs.
Maternity Clothes? Still wearing normal clothes, just not anything that buttons. Couldn't button up a pair of my old britches if I tried (and yes, I have tried).
Stretch Marks? No new ones to report...thank heavens.
Sleep: Sleep has been pretty great the past week. Unfortunately I'm still waking up with a nasty migraine every morning, but I'm going back to the doctor tomorrow to see if we can't tackle this once and for all.
Best moment this week: There aren't any moments that are jumping out...honestly it was just a great week all around.
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my back and belly. So hard to keep from it!
Movement: Still lots, and at random times throughout the day. As Little Man gets stronger, some of the kicks are starting to hurt! I can't imagine what it will feel like in a month or so.
Food Cravings: Milkshakes, sweet potato fries, Taco Bell (strange because I'm normally not a big TB fan)
Anything making you queasy or sick? Had morning sickness one day last week...other than that eating like a champ.
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Not yet
Belly button in or out? Still an innie, barely
Wedding rings on or off? On & loose
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and excited
Looking forward to: So many things we're looking forward to this week!
1. Hearing our Little Man's heartbeat at the doctor on Thursday
2. JOURNEY concert Friday! We're all three pumped for that one.
3. Our birthing classes at the hospital Saturday and Sunday.
4. Seeing Tiny in 4d on Monday! Zach took the whole day off...this is a big occasion. Technically next week, but too exciting not to mention :).

Hope your week is off to a great start!

15 comments:

  1. Tiny is going to have the next home living nursery in magazine. I can't wait to see it!!! You and the hubby are so crafty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see pictures of the nursery when it's finished! and this is one of my favorite outfits! you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look incredible! I love the way you're having conversations with Tiny! So cute!

    I can't wait to see his nursery! I know it is going to be incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are glowing girl! This dress fabulously displays your handsome little bump!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Your bun is beautiful, love that thick hair! And you get to see Journey?! Jealous. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful! Your post makes me miss pregnancy - my little one is 8 months and I'm starting to get baby fever again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can't believe you're still wearing regular clothes! you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jumped over here from Faith's blog! Congrats on your soon-to-be here baby boy! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww love that growing bump!!! You look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your maternity style is so stinkin cute!! seriously i was going through your outfits and they are all so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous outfit! I am a huge fan of really big buns. Its so true what they say about pregnancy making your hair thick, I'm loving it!!
    Am so happy that your feeling great apart from the migraines in the morning. Hope they pass soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy 27 and a half weeks!! love the big bun and dress!
    i've been thinking about you a lot. i was actually going to email you the other day but then i fell asleep. :)
    i love that tiny helped you pick out some books at the library! he is one lucky little guy to have you as his mama. <3
    xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look gorgeous Brit! I'm loving this outfit! And the bun comment made me laugh. Silly. I can't wait to see you in 5 DAYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry your having migraine troubles. That's no fun. Have you tried rubbing peppermint oil or lavender oil on your temples? I know, I know, it sounds crazy and I have only tried peppermint oil on headaches and not migraines..but it def helped me and eased some upset stomach for me. I hope you can tackle it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!