BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Monday, February 6, 2012

PB & J Cookies


When I found this recipe on Pinterest, I knew these had to be made in our kitchen. You know by now that Pinterest is my weakness/addiction. Any support groups out there? Anyway, we both love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches so naturally these intrigued us. Smartest decision we've ever made. These are the cookie version of the sandwich you love; not too sweet, but full of flavor. Right out of the oven they are warm and delightful, but also stay soft and yummy for days.



Peanut Butter & Jelly Shortbread Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup grape jelly or jam
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth; add the vanilla and continue to beat. Mix in the flour until just incorporated. Refrigerate dough for 20 minutes.
3. Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and arrange on baking sheets. Make a small hole in the center of each ball, using your thumb and finger; fill the holes with jelly or jam.               
4. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 14 minutes; allow to cool on baking sheet for 1 minute.               
5. Put the peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl, and cook in a microwave oven until soft for 10-30 seconds, checking every 10 seconds. Be careful not to overheat the peanut butter; do not let it bubble. Stir the vegetable oil through the heated peanut butter; drizzle over the warm cookies.               
Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!

Linking to these great par-tays:

15 comments:

  1. that's it! i'm hiring you! come to PA and teach me how to bake and cook!! :)
    there isn't one recipe you've posted and baked that hasn't looked AMAZING!!
    i was telling steve about those cheesy biscuits! maybe i could try them sometime and try NOT burn the house down! :)

    thanks for sharing <3
    have a beautiful tuesday!!
    xoxo
    maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Oh Maria, you are so kind. I only WISH I could be a great cook...and I also wish I didn't have such a big sweet tooth! All I ever wanna make (and of course eat) is cookies. Oh well...life is short, right? :)

      Delete
  2. I love the drizzle of the PB on top. Looks perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im all about a good PB&J (only grape) sandwich but Im not to sure I could brave it up in a cookie. They do look good though. Im right there with you, on the Pinterest addiction (as you know) we should start a support group lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to get me in trouble with these recipes on here! These look so good! I don't know how to cook or bake without doing something wrong. Lol Come teach me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love PB & Jelly Sandwiches, I am going to have to try those cookies. They look great. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I can't remember when they said the show was coming on. But keep an eye out for it. I can't wait. I am a new follower! can't wait to read more
    -chelsea
    chelseajuarbe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! You always bake the most delicious looking treats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! These look so yummy; I love anything peanut butter related!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PbnJ anything is always amazing!!! I am gonna have to make some pbnj ice cream here soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw these on Pinterest the other day and thought they looked yummy. I'm glad you tested 'em out and now I know they are yummy! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM Brittany! I bet my boys would love this version of the PB&J! And it looks beautiful too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha!! These look just like my thumbprint cookies. My honey's favorite. Difference is just the pb drizzled on top. Yummy change!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so pretty! I am also a Pinterest addict. I can't get enough of it. So many good ideas! You need a follow button for Pinterest. I tried to look you up but Pinterest search is having issues right now.

    Christine @
    Projectsaroundthehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. How come every time i want to send you an award you already have it?!! Well, let's just say I've already awarded you with liebster, and versatile blogger.. you are great and one of my followers I can remember since the beginning and you are an amazing follower!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!