BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Snickers Surprise Cookies

I've made plenty of cake mix cookies. The Pinterest world, which seems to be the world I live in the most these days, is overflowing with them. While I can honestly say every batch has been good (very good), these are by far the best. No contest. The dough is very easy to work with, especially considering it takes less than a minute to whip up. These cookies are surprisingly more fudgey than cakey, which we prefer, and the hidden Snickers was a hit with Zach's work buddies. Can you think of a better surprise? 'Cause I can't.

Ingredients:
1 cake mix (I used Devil's Food)
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 bag snack-size Snickers bars (or the mini ones)

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees
Mix together cake mix, eggs, and oil in a bowl until all the cake powder is absorbed.
Cut small Snickers bars in half (unless you are using the minis...leave them as is). Place a half in the center of a ball of dough. Roll dough around candy bar until completely covered. Bake cookies 8-10 minutes, or until done.
Optional: dust with powdered sugar.
*tweaked from here
I'm roadtrippin' tomorrow for my sister-in-law-to-be's bridal shower; it's bittersweet leaving Zach but I'm excited to go back home and see the rest of our family. I'm making muffins for the shower...I'm no muffin expert so I would LOVE it if you shared your favorite recipe. Happy Hump Day, y'all!

Sharing at these awesome parties:
Sweet Treats Thursday
The Shady Porch
Show Off Your Stuff

22 comments:

  1. Those look fantastic! Have a great trip tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Heavens! These look so yummy! Can you imagine it with a Reece's inside!? That would be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snickers are my fave candy bar! These look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are no words! None. Except I want one now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. O M G I need these now!!! I wish I had snickers!!! These are def going onto my sweets bookmarks and being made very soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look super yummy!!!!!! Your going to make me fat with all this baking im doing but its oh so worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YUM!!! They look amazing! How awesome that you sent Zach to work with some! I sent steve to work with a box of old spice cake krimpets last week...Eeks! Lol
    Have tons of fun @ the bridal shower. And a safe trip!
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look fab! I have a recipe for oaty apple muffins on my blog today:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pinning, drooling, craving... thanks Britt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, by the way: I gave you an award on my blog! Go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a recipe similar to this but it uses rolos. I am going to have to try using the snickers. Sounds yummy!!
    I currently have a link party going and would love for you to share this.

    http://twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com/2012/01/thursdays-temptation-link-party-2.html
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. go to my blog, i have the most amazing/easy recipe i whipped up this fall for pumpkin cranberry muffins. they are ridiculous tasting and so, so easy!!!

    www.thisdayisamuseing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUMMY my husband is a Snickers nut so he would absolutely love these! Pinning for future reference. Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you come up with the best cookies! I need to try some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! These look delicious! Thanks for sharing at my party!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those look amazing! I should definitely try making those. Too bad I don't have any snickers lying around right now...

    ReplyDelete
  17. these look delish Brittany!!
    I'll be featuring you this week @ Inspire Me Fridays!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. my dough was really sticky and hard to work with, I did not have a devils food cake mix so I just used chocolate, do you think that made the difference?

    ReplyDelete
  20. my dough was really sticky and hard to work with, I did not have a devils food cake mix so I just used chocolate, do you think that made the difference?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!