BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Baked Mac 'n Cheese


It's still macaroni and cheese if you use baby bowties, right? Although, thinking about it now, baby bowties 'n cheese sounds pretty darn cute.

We are normally shells 'n cheese kind of people. You know, follow the instructions on the box and get 'er done quickly. However, when we found this recipe, we realized we could make an even better homemade version in just a little more time. Totally worth it. If you love cheese, bacon, and....cheese, this is most certainly the dish for you. It's creamy and filling...the perfect comfort food. It keeps well in the fridge too; we enjoyed our leftovers just as much as the first go-round. I plan on whipping some up again at Christmas for all the kids (and big kids!) in our family.


Ingredients:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) pasta of your choice (we used mini bowtie)
2-1/2 tbsp. butter, melted
1-3/4 c. milk
1/3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. real bacon bits

8 oz. Velveeta, cubed
2 tbsp. flour
1/8 tsp. pepper

1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook pasta as directed on package and drain. Melt 1-1/2 tbsp. butter in a heavy saucepan. Blend in flour, stir in milk slowly, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (about 5 minutes). Add seasonings and cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Add pasta and transfer to a buttered 1 qt. casserole or individual casseroles. Bake for 20 minutes. With 5 minutes left to go (after 15 minutes), sprinkle with shredded cheese and bacon bits.
Are you a mac 'n cheese lover too? What's your favorite comfort food?

Sharing at these great parties:
Tell me Tuesday
Totally Tasty Tuesdays
Creative Juice
Freestyle Friday
Do Something Crafty
While He Was Napping
Days of Chalk and Chocolate

12 comments:

  1. Mashed potatoes with hamburger and gravy or turkey and gravy over it are comfort foods for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y.U.M. We are definitely bacon and cheese people at our house! Those two things make everything better :) We will definitely be trying this soon!

    And my comfort food: chicken spaghetti... I think. If I HAD to choose something :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmhm this looks to-die-for delicious! I'll be trying this soon.

    Xoxo,
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. BAM! Making this for supper tomorrow night. Thanks for sharing doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmm looks so yummy, my kids will love you for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks really good! I think I will have to put this on my list to try! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks so delish! i love mac and cheese but hubs doesn't like it. i haven't made mac and cheese in years because of it. i think i am going to make it just for myself and if he eats it great, and if he doesn't that's fine too ... more for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious! My kids and grandkids tell me I make the BEST EVER Mac and Cheese. I use Velvetta and whatever cheese in in the frig. The combination of cheeses make it extra creamy and delicious. Think I will make this as a side dish for our gathering this weekend. Thanks for sharing. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello new follower! So glad you found me! :) Loving your blog & looking forward to following!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Brittany! So glad you linked up to my party. I am already following you :)
    ~Kara (www.petalstopicots.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm, mac and cheese AND bacon. 2 of my fav things! Sounds goooood!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!