BLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE photo dotFWF_zpsbc04b97d.pngBLOG TITLE

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Moving, Moving is no Fun, Unless You Share with Everyone!

The title of this post is such a bunch of baloney. Moving is never fun. However, sharing simply translates to reading about in your lucky little case. I really wish all our junk could just hop, skip, and jump it's way in and out of the moving truck tomorrow. Something like this...
(especially if it would sing cute, catchy songs while doing so)         Image found here

We are officially closing on our first home tomorrow morning!! I really need to use some more exclamation points...please bear with me...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K, I feel better now. We have been praying about this move for what seems like forever and are so thankful it is finally happening. Our house is about 40 minutes down the road in Spring, TX. Zach refers to it as "the 'burbs", but that just makes me think of all the 80's suburbans from our elementary carpool days. Not all that glamorous.


We took a ton of pictures during the inspection, but I have this huge fear of the police showing up at our door and hauling my how-dare-you-post-pictures-of-someone-else's-home self to jail. We just bought a house, we can't afford bail. So, for now, this is all I feel comfortable disclosing. Many, many more pictures will be coming your way after Monday!

the front
 photos via har.com
the backyard
I am so anxious to show you guys the inside! Two hints: wood floors and window seats. Gets me all giddy just typing it. I'm a little worried about my housekeeping skills though; jumping from a 900 square foot apartment (balcony included) to a 3,200 square foot home is quite a change. I will definitely have to up my skills. Thankfully I have a patient husband and a really great vacuum cleaner.

We hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! I'll leave you with a laugh; this was my husband hangin' out at Sears last night. We spent about 30 minutes on that particular mattress...there may or may not have been some snoring (and questionable looks) involved.

Peace out!

10 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see the inside! Congrats on the new house!

    Shannon @ Imperfectly-Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! The exterior photos are great and I agree with Shannon, I can't wait to see the inside. Congratulations and best of luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank y'all so much for the kind words! We are really anxious to get in there and get decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is beautiful!! I'm a sucker for wood flowers and window seats too..Brandon once asked me what do you do with a window seat anyhow..At that moment I thought "how did I miss this when we were dating..I've married someone that doesn't know what window seats are for nor does he realize the cuteness of them."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Brittany,

    I'm trying to find your e-mail address because I have something to send you. Do you have it anywhere on your blog? Or you could e-mail me at imperfectly.inspired@gmail.com.

    Thanks!

    Shannon @ Imperfectly-Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Brit! So funny that we have a mutual love for window seats...must be a girl thing! Zach doesn't get them either.

    I will email you shortly Shannon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I just stumbled across your blog from a comment you left on Shannon from Imperfectly Inspired's blog. Gorgeous home!! For us, the home buying process was amazing, exhausting, fabulous, and overwhelming all at same time :)

    Looking forward to reading more, cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Katie!! You're right about the emotional roller coaster of the home buying process!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off... my husband needs that "I love BBQ" shirt that you husband has on your blog header!! ;) Your house is adorable. I am quite jealous of your amazing backyard!! Thanks for finding my blog. I have just joined yours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love!